Friday, March 21, 2008

I Received My CitiBank Card

I got my new CitiBank card the other day and immediately transferred the entire balance of my high rate, high balance account to this new card. It is a 0% rate on balance transfers for 12 months. Like I stated in an earlier post, I will divide the total balance by 11 and have it paid off 1 month early so that I do not incur any of the finance charges. I am still planning on setting this up for automatic payments through my bank that I pay all of my bills online with now. This is just another assurance that I won't get hit with the finance charges because of late payments. I also made one more payment on the small home improvement loan that I have last week. I waited until this week to call, after I figured the payment had beenreceived, to find out the payoff balance and it was only around $250.00. I was told that for every day that I waited, the balance would go up 11 cents. When I asked how I would know what day the payment would actually clear my bank to know exactly how much to pay, the girl on the other end said that we could take care of it over the phone right now. I did this and I have been checking to see if the payment has been taken from my bank account. It has not been yet, but I will keep checking throughout the day. This leaves me with just the credit card balance that I just transferred, which will be done in 11 months, and the HELOC. The balance on the HELOC is rather large, over $40,000.00. It is going to take quite a bit of determination on this one, a lot of time also. We will see how things are looking in 11 months and decide the course of action from there.

No comments: