Tuesday, March 18, 2008

CitiBank 0% for 12 mos. Balance Transfer Card Received

I received the CitiBank Professional 0% on balance transfers for 12 months card today. I chose this card because it also had no charge associated with balance transfer when using it for the introductory period. Once this card is activated, I will call and set up the balance transfer from my higher rate card. I will then have 12 months to pay this off or risk having to pay all of the finance charges dating back to the inception of the transfer. I definitely do not want this to happen so I have taken the entire balance of the current high rate card and divided it by 11, to pay it off in 11 months to make sure I don’t go over the preset time and get hit with the extra finance charges. I have also decided to try automatic payments through my current bank. This will minimize the risk of having any late payments that will also negate the 0% offer. If you are planning to do this, make sure you read all of the info from the issuing credit card company. Also, read An Introduction and Warnings About 0% Balance Transfer Offers. It is not meant to scare one off but rather make you aware of all the details, some of which I listed above.

No comments: